Tuesday, October 12, 2010

This is it

For the last 15 months I have had the joy of taking care of our little one at home. This has definitely been a challenge for me - at adjusting my schedule, my goals, my measures of "success" - although this is absolutely where I want to be and what I want to be doing right now.

One of the many opportunities of being home so much has been having time to focus on making our apartment into our own little haven. I make no claims as to being a domestic expert, but I wanted to start now in documenting things that I've tried to enrich our home - both the successes and the failures. Enter this blog.

My goal for this blog is to record my attempts at providing food, making our home more lovely, sewing and crafting, taking care of the things that we have, caring for my husband, and teaching my children - as well as linking to ideas for future attempts.

Now I know that some may feel that domestic tasks are beneath them, or claim that womankind has been repressed by its duty to these tasks, but I believe that I have an inherent capacity to nurture and take care of those around me and I want to do everything I can to develop this talent. Cooking and cleaning and such things can certainly be done well by either partner in a marriage (and should thus be shared in some way) but I see my nurturing talents more as an opportunity to excel and enrich others rather than shackles to certain tasks. I want to embrace my gifts as a woman to bless my family.

This my journey into embracing this part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment